The European Journal Astronomy & Astrophysics (A&A) Board of Directors Annual Meeting 2020 will take place on May 14-15, 2020 at the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (NAS RA) in Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia. On May 13, A&A Executive Committee meeting will be held.
The Board of Directors:
- The Members of the Board are appointed by the scientific organizations of the adhering countries.
- Decides on general publication policy.
- Appoints the Editors, who are responsible for deciding what is published in the journal.
- Places contracts for the publication of the journal with the help of the ESO.
- The procedures of the Board of Directors are defined by the Standing Rules.
The Board of Directors Annual Meetings:
- The Editors present the Editors report for the preceding year.
- The finances of the Board of Directors for the following year are approved. These include the national contributions paid by the member countries, and the budget for the editorial offices.
- The Board of Directors agrees with the publishers the number of pages to be published in the following year. The price per page to be published is specified by the contract with the publisher which is signed every five years. The institutional subscription for the following year is then determined by the number of pages to be published.